Thursday, December 11, 2008

Fool me once?

I must admit to being a somewhat lukewarm Obama supporter. I voted for the man based on my belief that his Presidency would represent a return to a thoughtful administration, open to debate among passionate and intelligent academics with equal weight given to voices, despite their ideological leanings.

When assembled, the formidable economic team validated my hopes for open and honest debate in a time when it's most certainly required. Hillary tempered my support just a little. And now this.
President-elect Barack Obama is expected to create what is sometimes called an “energy czar” to coordinate energy and environmental policy among the myriad federal agencies and lead a new National Energy Council...Browner, who’s heading the transition team’s environmental division, has likely landed the job.
I'm starting to fear that instead of real policy decisions, we will have a tepid and limp administration hampered by so many different new agencies, councils and czars that the executive branch will take longer to act than our current Congress. Maybe such a fear is irrational; granted, the man can't really do anything until January 20th, but if this is what he meant by job creation than America just got hoodwinked.

No comments: